The Central Virginia Continuum of Care (CVCoC) is responsible for coordinating and implementing a system to meet the needs of the population and subpopulations experiencing homelessness within the geographic area of Lynchburg City and the Counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford and Campbell.
The CVCoC assists in the coordination and development of services and housing for homeless persons through planning, education, and advocacy.
To achieve this purpose the CVCoC will:
- Enhance the knowledge of homeless response providers to ensure best practices and improve system performance.
- Address the housing and service needs of persons facing or experiencing homelessness.
- Identify gaps in the homeless response system and prioritize local, state, and federal funding to meet those needs.
- Engage in strategic planning and development to address prioritized needs.
- Operate a coordinated access system that provides a comprehensive assessment of the needs of persons facing or experiencing homelessness.
- Set system level and project level performance measures to gauge community progress in preventing and ending homelessness.
- Utilize performance measures for monitoring system, recipient and subrecipient performance; take action against poor performers when needed; and report performance measures to funders.
- Operate a single Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Conduct an annual point-in-time count of homeless persons in the Central Virginia CoC region.
- The Central Virginia CoC will identify member agencies to serve as collaborative applicant and HMIS lead, and will monitor the performance of those roles.
Join our Mailing List
Subscribe to the Central Virginia Continuum of Care mailing list.